NativeExcel v3.x is a high-performance solution for Delphi Developers that allows writing of new Excel spreadsheets and reading of existing ones.
NativeExcel does not require installed Microsoft Office, it writes and reads excel files directly.
NativeExcel can be used as a replacement of standard Excel components, it has the same object model, properties and methods.
With NativeExcel v3.x you can open and modify an existing spreadsheet.
NativeExcel works with Delphi 4, 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3 and XE4.
The current implementation for XLSX file format has some temporary limitations
The following features are not supported:
We are going to add support for all these features in the near future.
NativeExcel suite is well documented. It is supplied with the complete help file and online documentation
Samples and screenshots»
There are several samples and screenshots which demonstrate the use of NativeExcel
- High performance (30000-40000 values per second)
- Open an existing spreadsheet feature
- Convenient object model
- Support for all Excel formatting options
- Microsoft Office is not required
- Compatibility with standard Delphi’s Excel components
- TDataset2Excel component. Populates a spreadsheet from TDataset descendants
- TDBGrid2Excel component. Populates a spreadsheet from TDBGrid descendants
- Support for XLSX file format (Excel 2007/2010 file format).
- Open an existing excel file
- Access any cell values (number, string, date, boolean, formula)
- Calculation engine to perform computation on the cells
- Cell attributes (alignment, orientation, comments, borders, background attributes, and so on)
- Font attributes (font name, font size, color, decoration, and so on)
- Merged cells
- Group/UnGroup rows/columns
- Unicode characters support
- Copy/Move/Delete/Insert range of cells
- Reading of password protected (encrypted) excel files
- Worksheet attributes (name, protection, selection, outline, and so on)
- Printing attributes (page size, orientation, margins, footer, header, page breaks, and so on)
- Exporting workbooks and worksheets to HTML or RTF files